Dearest Focusmate community,
Below are the latest product updates and plans, as of today, August 27th, 2018.
Let us know your feedback in the comments!
We did a bunch of small stuff this sprint. (A “sprint” is a 2-week unit of time used for planning purposes in Agile/Scrum software development methodology.) So I’m going to share this as a list and go light on the (boring) details.
Things That Benefit Users Directly
- Zendesk support emails will come directly from us so as to avoid confusion. (Zendesk is still not completely setup yet.)
- Emails will go out to users who have been inactive for 56 days and 84 days, reminding them why they should c’mon back.
- The ability to report misconduct on a session-by-session basis was brought back.
- The FAQ page was revised with an update on how we enforce accountability.
- Monthly streak was added to your profile, as an added incentive to keep chugging along.
Things That Benefit Users Indirectly
- Weekly and monthly streak calculations were revised to happen faster and remove lag time on profile load.
- Calendar emails now come from email@example.com, enabling us to use firstname.lastname@example.org for Zendesk/support exclusively.
- Our website will now reboot itself more gracefully when our servers restart, meaning less getting locked out of your account because the site is down.
- Clicking the “Confirm” button multiple times (e.g. double clicking it) will no longer send multiple requests to our server, speeding up the response time.
- Your dashboard will only reload when you’re actually looking at it, reducing server load and allocating it for stuff that’s useful to users.
- Weekly Stats Report Email. Every Tuesday you will now receive an update on your performance that week.On the first Tuesday of the month you will also get a monthly report. Initially this will include how many sessions you’ve done that week/month, how long your weekly/monthly streak is, and your attendance score. We’ll revise it over time. This will only be sent to active users.
- Email Preferences/Settings. Ability to turn different emails on or off. At first this will include calendar invites and your weekly stats report. Important account updates will still be sent to all users.
- Automatic Video Link Updates. Even if you get re-matched at the last second, you’ll be re-directed to the right video link.
What do you think?
Share your thoughts and feedback in the comments!
Taylor & Mike